For today’s card I decided to try something new. I have been obsessively watching watercoloring videos by Kristina Werner and decided to finally stop watching and give it a try. It didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted but I think it’s still cute!
I started by stamping the Mama Elephant Swinging Borders with Versamark ink and heat embossing with clear embossing powder onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I had to stamp it twice to get a good impression but because of how bumpy the watercolor paper was, I think it could be better if I stamped it a third time.
After the powder was melted, smooth and shiny, I taped the watercolor paper onto a board and started to watercolor. Today I busted out the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor set. Today I only used 3 colors (No. 57, No. 50 and No.51) and did not mix them. I watered down my background and just added color here and there until I liked it. I let it completely dry once and did a second coat for some more vibrant colors and dimensions (I don’t know the formal term for this. Haha).
While the background dried, I stamped the sweet Monkey Agenda images with Versafine in Vintage Sepia and colored them with Zig markers just to complete the watercolor feel. I wasn’t really confortable using my Gansai Tambi paint on such small images…maybe next time!
Next, I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant Sunday sentiments using the same Versafine Vintage Sepia. I used my mini Misti since I’ve worked so hard on that background to this point, I didn’t want to risk messing it up now! I wish I stamped it again because I didn’t realize how the bumpy paper wouldn’t give me a clear impression. (Any tips on this from my readers would be greatly appreciated!)
Finally, I finished my card with some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear confetti mix.
Thank you for stopping by!
Hello, crafty friend! Thi here and today I am sharing my pop-up card using the newly released Dandelion Wishes. I absolutely love this stamp set and decided to do a dreamy cloud card as my last project for June as a guest designer. Thank you so much for all the love. It’s been a dream come true! But enough of the mushy, let’s get started on this card.
Next, I ink blended an A2 card front and the inside of my card with Distress Inks. I wanted to keep the card cohesive inside and out. I splashed some water droplets and added splatters with coordinating Distress Inks. I then set this aside to completely dry since I will be embossing and stamping on it later.
Then, I whipped out my trusty die cutting machine and the On the Hills Creative Cuts to make some clouds in white card stock and vellum. For the inside, I wanted one continuous piece so I used the partial die cutting technique I’ve been seeing a lot of and the same cloud die from On the Hills Creative Cuts to cut a small piece that’s slightly smaller than the card since this is my pop-up piece. Tip: Cutting this piece a little smaller (about 1/8 of an inch smaller on each side) makes the card fold much nicer. You can see what I mean in the next image.
I used the Pop-Up Trio Creative Cuts and cut out two pop-up tabs on the fold of the inner piece since I wanted two of my images to pop up. At this point, I stamped my inside sentiment from Dandelion Wishes onto this piece with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I adhered a vellum cloud behind the fold and adhere the entire piece on the inside of the card. I added my two colored images with some wet glue and moved on to the front of the card while the glue dries.
Now that the ink blended piece is dry, I heat embossed the “Make a Wish” sentiment from Scripty Bday (which coordinates perfectly with Dandelion Wishes) with silver embossing powder. I used a tape runner to adhere the clouds and popped up the critters with foam tape for dimension.
Lastly, I finished the card with the small dandelion stamps in two purple inks. I still felt it needed a little more interest, so I die cut Lots of Stars Creative Cuts on some white glitter paper and that was all it needed. I adhere the stars with some glue and my card is completed.
Pop-up cards are pretty simple but has a fun element of surprise for the recipient! I hope I inspired you to try making a pop-up card today!
I made a last minute entry to Lawnfawnatics #31: Flowers, Floral and Foliage! It was actually pretty involved but turned out to look very simple. Let’s begin!
First, I colored the three cuties from Easter Party and fussy cut then since I do not have the coordinating dies that are available. I set this assigned and did a ton of die cutting.
I have been die cutting a lot lately so I used a lot of my scraps to make this card. First, I diecut the Little Flowers dies on color card stock. I then die cut the Cloud Border die on vellum and white glitter paper (even though it does not show up on my photo). I then cut the grass board on more colored cardstock.
Next, to add some dimension, I ink blended on all my die cutt pieces with coordinating colors that are slightly darker than the colored card stock to give it depth. I love how this turned out.
I then heat emboss a sentiment from Simply Sentiments onto the grass and finally I am ready to assemble.
I cut a piece of patterned paper from Watercolor Wishes down to A2 size. I adhered the clouds and grass on with a tape runner. I popped the three cuties on with foam tape then I lastly filled in the voids by adhering the flowers on with wet glue. I adhere the entire panel on an A2 card base and my birthday card is done!
Thank you for stopping by!